Tuesday 9 December 2014

Workshop - Colour

Today (5.12.14) with Tim we learned how to use the Hasselblad camera's with film backs and how to load the film. After a well informed discussion and demonstration the camera seemed quite easy to use and once loading the film was straight forward we all bought some film in pairs so that we could have 6 exposures each. 'Colour' was the theme we were given for these first 6 shots and strangers has seemed to follow with this from the black and white images. This shoot was successful in that I had taken my 6 exposures of strangers. I found it quite difficult to get used to the camera at first as the Hasselblad is used from a lower angle than other cameras, however I feel that once processed it will be clear to see whether the images have worked and if they are in focus. I kept using the same angle on each shot to keep it simple, focusing on a small depth of field, only of the shoulders upwards and focusing in on closely to the face. As my first shoot with the Hasselblad I feel it went well and the next few shoots will be even more successful and I will look forward to printing in the colour darkroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment