Wednesday 15 April 2015

Digital Montage Shoot

For my digital Montage 'shoot' I have collected a range of images that I feel go well together and represent still life photography. All the images have been taken from google as for digital montage it does not really matter where the images are from, it is more about what you create with them. Below are the images that I have cut out using the quick selection tool to cut out the object that I need to place on to my digital montage. I simple have used a brick wall as the main background and placed two palm trees on to it. some coconuts and a cartoon sun. iI used all of these objects because I think that photographed individually, they can all be accepted into the still life genre. So placing them all together still makes it still life, but placing them all together makes it a digital montage. As this is my first digital montage I have kept it very easy and simple, whilst I learn more about photoshop and how to use it.


My second digital montage I have expanded further in my skills and researched more photographers in the digital montage field. I have decided to use different sunglasses from the branch Coach that is based in America. It is a designer brand that produces bags also. I have created this digital montage by using different layers for each pair of sunglasses and also included the brand name underneath, as if it is a advertising campaign. I have also created this in the style of David Parfitt who is a product photographer. Although he is a product photographer I have created my image in the way digital montage would be, in photoshop and maybe David Parfitt has as well. 



I would definitely like to explore digital montage photography even further as anything can be included or made in to a digital montage. The possibilities are basically endless. It can be objects placed together or even a mood board type image. Digital Montage has expanded my skills in photoshop, which I will definitely be improving also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment