Tuesday 28 April 2015

ILA - Documentary Still Life

For this part of the module, I am to write an individual learning agreement stating which area of still life photography I am going to focus on for the remaining four weeks until hand in. I have chose to follow this field of photography for this part of the module because I feel I am most confident in all of the types of still life photography I have studied and practiced during the course of each mini-assignment, such as food, product, vanitas and nature morte and digital montage photography. Documentary photography is a genre I personally would like to continue doing into Level 6, and feel it would be the most suitable to practice for my individual learning agreement. I plan to shoot two or three times a week so that I will have a good choice of images to choose from for my final prints for when it is hand in. Documentary still life has fascinated me more than the other area's of still life photography because of how it presents a narrative.

The narrative that my photographs will present are going to include objects that hold a sentimental value to them, similar to what I produced for the documentary still life mini assignment. I am going to approach family, friends, colleagues and peers to present me with an object that they own that has a nostalgic, fondness or sentimental value to them and photograph it. Along side the photographs I will also present a set of text that explains why this has a special meaning to the individual. I am yet to decide whether the text will be a description written by myself, or what the individual who's object it is has spoke about it and present it as a piece of text or some sort of audio. I am going to shoot on location rather than the studio, because I think this can effect the final outcome of how the story of the image is portrayed and how it will appear.

Over the course of the next few weeks I will update my blogger with where I have been shooting and what I have been shooting, which will develop how I plan to decide what images will be best to use for my final series.

No comments:

Post a Comment