Wednesday 11 February 2015

1.3 David Loftus



David Loftus is a very successful food photographer and is mostly known for working with chef, Jamie Oliver but with also many other chefs and cooks. He chooses to shoot with only daylight in just about all of his work, creating a stripped back "fuss free" that creates honest and genuine photographs of the food, with a realistic image and goals that its audience could also create at home. After looking through his websites and have a couple of Jamie Oliver's cook books that are shot by him, it is clear to see that he has a certain style that is carried throughout his work in his shoots. I like the way David only shoots in daylight, which I plan to do myself in the near future, as I am not too fond of shooting in the studio, so I feel that his work is a good influence for what I plan to do with this part of the module. Above are two screenshots of part of his portfolio on his website for food and drinks he has captured.  He uses a lot of colour in his work, which brings to life what he is capturing and succeeds at it very well, making the subjects very appetising. I have also found Jamie Oliver's youtube account that offers a range of videos, of David Loftus giving tips on how he photographs and what he does to achieve them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment