Wednesday 11 February 2015

1.4 Shoot





Above are the four chosen images I feel are the best out of a shoot I did on Monday (02.02.15) and below is the contact sheet, showing the rest of the images I captured. For this shoot I decided to take images of Heinz spring vegetable soup, with a side of a few pieces of tiger bloom bread. I thought this would be a good option of food photography for my second attempt because of the colours and textures it would bring. I used a simple white plate and bowl, so that the main focus would be on the soup, but using a traditional large silver spoon and plain white napkin to make it bring a homely feel. Along with the objects I placed with the soup, I used a small dark wooden table for it to stand on to also give it that rustic feel. I am over ally happy with this shoot as I think the colours stand out in the pictures and are focused on the main object that I want the audience to look at straight away. I additionally consider the food I have captured to appear appetising and the angles I have used make it  look like it is you(the audience) who is about to eat it. My location for this shoot was in my conservatory at around midday and the sky was quite grey. If i was to improve this shoot I would definitely use a reflector to light up area that are a bit darker such as the bread and use a different soup that would be a bit thicker, unlike the one that I have used which is quite watery. However I am pleased with how this shoot went, as it was my first time at shooting soup and I would definitely like to develop and capture it again.


                                   
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment