Thursday 27 November 2014

Shoot 1

Today (17.11.14) I went out to shoot on the 5x4. The location of the shoot was in hartlepool town centre, where the first image I captured was a young girl and guy, which I chose the medium depth of field where it would only be from the waist up of the people in the image. The second one I did was a long focal point so that it would be a long depth of field, so a full length body shot, which was of two middle aged women. This was the first time that I have gone out and asked for strangers to be in the photographs, it turned out the majority of people did not want to be in the images and the ones that did needed quite a bit of convincing. It was also interesting to see, what type of people were more willing to have there picture taken, young lads who attend Hartlepool college were up for it as it seemed it was for a laugh and more of a joke, older people also seemed more interested because we are using a camera that has been around for decades and is different to the digital cameras we tend to use today. Overall todays shoot was a success because I captured two images that I can use and print after they were shot and processed. I now feel more confident in going out to shoot and asking strangers if I can photograph them. Below are my two scanned negative's from today.




No comments:

Post a Comment