Monday 9 March 2015

Reflection

On Friday (06.03.15) e had our group crit, showing what work we have done during this mini assignment. We were required to produce at least three images and present them on our blogs (see previous post) and print one of them A3 or 12x16 for the crit. We all put our print on the metal wall in the studio to view in to depth and then Jill gave us a sheet with different questions on a someone else's work in the class, such as the context behind it and the technical side to shooting the image ect. I find it useful and important that we do these critiques on our work because it gives feedback on how we are doing and if it is working. In this crit I enjoyed how we had to focus ourselves on one individuals work rather than looking at everyone's because it meant that we could receive a much more in depth feedback and consider other elements that maybe would not have been included. My idea was to photograph the inside objects of purses and wallets. I placed them on a brown surface and shot them in a bird eye view angle, so it was clear to see the objects I had chosen to use out the purses and were all visible in the same aspect. I think my idea was successful at portraying documentary still life and had context, which was that people often carry objects in their purses or wallets that can have sentimental value to them, such as photographs or rings. If I was to improve I would definitely add a title to the three images, rather than a piece of text as I think it is clear to see what the images mean. Overall I have enjoyed this mini assignment the most out of all the other genre's we have explored whilst researching and shooting still life. I think it is because I have grown an interest in documentary photography but also as I have gained knowledge into what documentary still life photography is. I would definitely like to carry on shooting this genre and continue with my idea from this mini assignment.


No comments:

Post a Comment